Aquatic natal class – pregnancy and hydrotherapy.
Attention all expectant mothers! Are you experiencing low back or pelvic pain? Would you like to feel more relaxed and less fatigued? If so, hydrotherapy may be for you!
Lane Cove Physio is offering ‘Aquatic-natal’ classes for expecting mums. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to exercise in a warm pool, utilising the transformative properties of water. Directed by our trained physiotherapist, Ashley, come enjoy the benefits of exercise in pregnancy in a safe, weight-reduced and relaxed environment.
The American College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists 2015 guidelines recommend that women with uncomplicated pregnancies should engage in at least 20-30mins per day on most, if not all days. Physical activity in pregnancy has minimal risks and has been shown to benefit most women. These include:
- Improving or maintaining physical fitness
- Helping with weight management, circulation, fluid retention and swelling
- Reducing and managing pregnancy-related back and pelvic pain
- Reducing the risk of gestational diabetes in some populations
- Assisting in controlling blood pressure
- Enhancing psychological wellbeing and sleep
- Promoting relaxation
Classes will be run weekly and you first one is free! Private Health fund rebates apply thereafter. It is required that you do a simple screening test prior to entering the pool for safety purposes. If required, you may need to consult your doctor first if you are at high risk.
Pregnancy massage and pelvic floor physiotherapy assessments and treatments are also available.